What to do?
As with most things nutrition, there are varying schools of thought. Some say snack throughout the day and some say don’t snack at all. We sit somewhere in the middle – and there is a way to find healthy snacks when the next meal is just too far away!
Here are some yummy, super easy snacks for you to try:
• Carrot or celery sticks with hummus
• Carrot or celery sticks with guacamole
• Celery sticks or apple slices with ABC spread (or peanut butter if you’re feeling a bit indulgent!)
• Plain bio yoghurt with 10 raw almonds and a handful of berries or ½ a piece of fruit
• A lump of cheese with a handful of grapes or a sliced apple (the fat stops that dreaded sugar spike)
• A handful of raw nuts – try mixing almonds, brazil nuts and cashews for complete protein
• A protein ball containing mixed nuts, seeds etc
If you’re really hungry or have skipped a meal:
• Avocado and sliced tomato on one slice (or two) of sourdough toast
• A mini-salad with tinned salmon fillets, a small can of mixed beans, a ¼ of an avocado, diced tomato and diced cucumber
• A small bowl of additive-free soup (we like 'Pitango')
• Two boiled eggs or a small can of salmon for a protein fix
Mars Bars no more! We hope you enjoy some of our healthy alternatives.