Give Your Skin That Spring Glow
You've undoubtedly heard that detoxing is good for your skin. In fact, healthy
and radiant skin is the top detox benefit reported by our cleansers. Cleansing
helps give your skin that sparkly, dewy, fresh look, and it also helps ease
common skin conditions such as acne, dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema.
The role and functions of your skin
The skin is the largest organ in your body. It protects you from external pathogens, regulates temperature, facilitates vitamin D absorption, enables tactile sensation, and importantly plays an active role in detoxification.
Its detoxification function has the biggest connection with skin appearance. If
you’re overloaded with toxins – playing too hard, eating too much (or too much
of the wrong things) and sleeping too little – it all takes its toll on your skin. Dehydration lines, breakouts, rashes and skin irritations are all signs your skin
needs some serious TLC, and your body could do with a cleanse.
Detoxing and its impact on your skin
When you detox, provided you are avoiding all the right foods (our cleanse does
just that), you are naturally eliminating skin aggravators and inflammatory
agents such as dairy, yeast, sugar and gluten.
Juice cleansing gives your digestive system a rest, stimulates detoxification
(gently clearing out all those skin-clogging nasties), and floods your body with delicious nutrients all at the same time. It's a recipe for skin success!
Image courtesy of Nine MSN
Your body is a temple. Keep it clean.
Why eat chocolate? Apart from the obvious.
Cacao is chock-full of therapeutic benefits and could easily be considered one of nature’s best medicines.
- Cacao is considered a ‘super-antioxidant’ because it has such a high ORAC score (a measure of antioxidant content). The unprocessed raw cacao bean earns a higher ORAC score than acai berries, spinach or blueberries, and helps protect the heart, prevent cellular damage, and keep us looking and feeling younger. The darker the chocolate, the higher the antioxidant levels.
- Cacao contains oleic acid, which has been linked to lower cholesterol.
- Cacao contains high bioflavonoid levels that help regulate blood flow and pressure.
- Cacao is high in the mineral magnesium, which helps with calcium absorption, metabolism, and protein synthesis. It may also be useful in preventing and treating congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, diabetes, and premenstrual syndrome.
- Cacao contains other essential minerals such as iron, copper, calcium, potassium, and zinc.
Our new Nutty Chocolate Smoothie, pictured above, is bursting with cacao goodness. For those of you who know our cleansing menu, it's our Calming Smoothie with an extra injection of chocolatey goodness. Almonds and chia add to the benefits of cacao with essential fatty acids and fibre for glowing skin, shiny hair and improved digestion.
Click here to order.
Click here to order.