Here's a quick dose of nutrition for you:
Meat and dairy – delicious enjoyed in moderation – have been linked, when consumed too frequently and in super-size portions, to health concerns such as obesity, cardiovascular disease and certain types of cancer.
A few months ago, Emma told me about a movement in the States called Meatless Monday. It’s pretty catchy isn’t it? They’re a non-profit org helping to combat the environmental and health effects of our excess meat consumption.
The concept is simple: all you have to do is go without meat on Mondays. You can find meat-free, carbon-friendly and healthy protein in beans, legumes, eggs, nuts and seeds instead.
But what about the other days?
Tips for Tuesday – Sunday:
• Keep your meat intake moderate
• Opt for organic, hormone-free, locally-sourced meat and dairy options
• Up your fruit and veggie intake, considerably
• Moderate your consumption of caffeine and alcohol
• Replace sugar with natural alternatives: agave, stevia, manuka honey
Anyone for a veggie juice?
• Environmental Working Group (EWG): http://www.ewg.org
• Meatless Monday: http://www.meatlessmonday.com
• Institute for Integrative Nutrition