Friday, December 21, 2012
Urban Remedy's 'Healthy Holiday Guide'
10 tips to keep you healthy over the festive season...
1. Start your day with a glass of warm water and lemon
2. Get some exercise first thing, before the festivities begin
3. Stock your pantry and fridge with yummy, healthy snacks – think brown rice cakes, kale and veggie chips, olives, raw nuts, veggie sticks, healthy dips, avocado...
4. Find healthy versions of your favourite treats. For example, dark chocolate sweetened with stevia instead of sugary milk chocolate...
5. Stay hydrated, particularly when you are drinking alcohol!
6. Avoid sugary alcoholic mixers – skip the soft drinks and opt for soda or mineral water with fresh lemon or lime instead
7. Give your body a rest between big meals. For once, skipping a meal is actually OK. Don't be tempted to pile food on top of food on top of food.
8. Make time for yourself in the busy Christmas schedule. Take 10 minutes to go for a walk, listen to some music, read your book...
9. Practice giving the best gift of all – love. Take the time and energy to be there for your loved ones!
10. Write a list of 3 goals for 2013. Not 30, just 3.
For those of you wanting to book in a January cleanse, we sell out up to 10 days ahead of schedule in peak season so get in fast!
Our January 2013 dates are live on the ordering page here.