• 2 cups cold almond milk
• 2 teaspoons gelatin
• 2 egg yolks
• 1 x 400 ml tin coconut milk
• 1 cup cashew nuts
• 1/2 cup coconut flakes
• 1/3 teaspoon liquid stevia
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Pour the almond milk into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface.
2. Leave for a few minutes while the gelatin softens.
3. Put the saucepan over a low heat and stir the mixture until the milk has heated and the gelatin dissolved.
4. Remove from the heat and place the saucepan in a sink of iced water so that the milk can cool to room temperature.
5. Put the egg yolks in a blender and process until light and frothy.
6. Add the coconut milk, coconut flakes, stevia, vanilla and a pinch of sea salt and process until well combined.
7. Add the gelatin milk and blend for a few more seconds.
8. Pour mixture into an ice cream container and put in the freezer.
9. After an hour mix it up with a stick blender or fork and then return it to the freezer for another hour. Do this one more time, as it breaks up the ice crystals which cause the ice cream to be more icy than creamy.
10. The ice cream will be quite hard when it comes out of the freezer so place it onto the counter for 10 minutes before serving.
Not only is this recipe dairy-free (heaven for a dairy intolerant like me), it’s also sweetened with stevia – a natural sweetener that has a positive impact on blood sugar levels and insulin sensitivity. On top of this, no sugar means no feeding the nasty bacteria in your gut (which in turn means no bloating)! Yes please.
For more gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast and sugar-free recipes visit www.superchargedfood.com