If you like it hot and spicy:
• Cayenne – boosts your metabolism
• Garlic – fights off bacteria and infection
• Ginger – helps soothe upset tummies
• Home-made chilli sauce* (just because)
• Freshly chopped chillies – nothing beats the real thing!
If you like it sharp and tangy:
• Umeboshi vinegar – helps beat the bloat
• Apple cider vinegar – stimulates digestion
• Pickled veg
If you like it salty:
• Gomasio – Eden Foods do a great one
• Himalayan pink rock salt – your adrenals' best friend
• Tamari sauce – like soy sauce but good for you
• Liquid amino acids – try Bragg's if you can get your hands on it
If you like it rich and oily:
• Extra virgin olive oil – no surprises here
• Coconut oil or coconut butter – an oil that helps you lose weight and balances the bacteria levels in your gut! You can even substitute it for butter. Need we say more?
• Home-made guacamole
If you like it sweet or creamy:
• Manuka honey – more expensive than regular honey but well worth it as it doesn't feed the bad bacteria in your gut!
• Stevia – a bit of a taste divider: some like it, some don't
• Nut butters – we like Loving Earth's Raw Organic Coconut Chocolate Butter and Melrose Foods' ABC spread (almonds, brazil nuts and cashews)
• Coconut milk
*Super quick recipe for home made chilli sauce: healthy oil + a dash of tomato paste + finely chopped fresh mixed chillies + crushed garlic + rock salt and ground pepper to taste. Yum.