We sat down with the lovely Lee Holmes (foodie, chef and author of Supercharged Food) the other day over a chai in Bondi and listened eagerly as she shared some of the delicious recipes in her book. We haven’t been able to get this one off our minds and we thought you might like it too!
For 14-16 balls of yumminess…
• 50 g almond meal
• 30 g coconut flakes
• 40 g sesame seeds
• 125 g chopped mixed nuts*
• 7 tbsp almond or cashew butter, softened
• 3 tbsp tahini
• ½ tsp natural vanilla extract
• 8 drops liquid stevia
• Extra sesame seeds, for coating
• Extra chopped mixed nuts, for coating
*Such as walnuts, cashews, pistachios
1. Put the almond meal, coconut flakes, sesame seeds, nuts, nut butter, tahini, vanilla and stevia in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
2. Using your hands, take scant tablespoonfuls of the mixture and roll each one into a ball. Roll half the balls in the sesame seeds and the other half in the chopped nuts, coating them all over.
3. Place the balls on a flat tray and refrigerate until party time.
Tips from the Chef
• You can easily make these bliss balls the day before you need them.
• They will harden when you refrigerate them, so pull them out of the fridge about 30min before you plan to serve them.
And there you have it. Hard to believe how easy these are to make. Not to mention that, like all of Lee’s recipes, they are gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast and sugar free. Enjoy!
For more recipes and info on supercharging your food, check out Lee’s website and blog.